Thursday, July 03, 2014

Quick and easy faux dichroic glass tutorial using rubber stamps

The "other things to do with domino size rubber stamps" tutorial page has received an update!

View the full free tutorial, step-by-step imitation dichroic glass jewelry tips and tricks here.

Since traditional dichroic glass involves heating glass to fuse it with reflective metallic particles, it is not something you can make easily at home with no special equipment. I've always liked the look of these glass pieces and here's my super simple DIY way to mimic it!

Using Stazon Jet Black ink pad, rubber stamp the back of a glass piece (here I used an insert for pendant trays) you can also use this technique on any transparent flat bead, acetate/film transparency, plastic food container packaging etc. Color over the stamped image with glitter glue or acrylic paints.

A substantial amount of updates have been happening site-wide including tutorials, a new section for game tiles/flat beads to rubber stamp or draw on, many new products in each category including several new designs of blank pendant trays in the jewelry making section. I will work on blog posting about each section's updates soon :)

1 comment:

Sol said...

Hi Kimberly,
Nice post and explaination on Ranger products ! I wish I have them.
I'm a textile artist off out internet, and my future blog isn't up running, yet.Sorry.
I was enchanted with your website, everything is so beautiful.
I falled in love with the stamps you sell. I would love to have a few of them. Unfortunall you only ship inside US. I live nowadays in the French country side of Switzerland ,where it's pretty much impossible to find variety of art materials.
Well, if there is a chance to make an exception selling out of your coutry, please let me know. - I'll appreciate it.

Best regards,
Solange