Monday, May 12, 2008

Moving Back To Oregon





Last year I moved back to Michigan for several months to visit my mom and save up money for living on my own back in OR. After years of having a husband to help take care of me through my cancer treatments, I was terrified after our divorce last year that I wouldn't be able to survive on my own. Especially with the limited (and often unpredictably fluctuating) income that running an online store provides... And the lingering side effects of chemo, radiation and stress have had on my current health preventing me from being able to work outside of the house.

Luckily during my time in Michigan I became closer to an old friend again, who happened to be looking for an excuse to move out of his current location as well. We decided to move to the Portland OR area this week. Hooray! I have a roommate! This helps me be less stressed about being alone, and as an added bonus I have someone to split rent with.

Before leaving MI this week I made two going away presents for my mom. These spring and winter Goddess art doll wall hangings. I was inspired by a beading magazine I had seen years ago with instructions on how to make a heavier wire goddess frame, then beading it using thinner wire wrapped around the frame.

No comments: