Monday, August 25, 2008

Goddess of the Seasons - Art Nouveau Domino Magnets


It's been a crafty week around here. I just finished making a bouquet of paper flowers and I'll be posting tutorial pictures soon. For now, here's a set of four seasons Goddess domino magnets. (I made these using the chalk palette coloring method, the tutorial I posted about last.
Full tutorial


I don't know what it is, but I've gotten a lot done (creatively speaking) this past month. I wonder if it has anything to do with my birthday coming up in a couple weeks? I think sometimes a reminder of time ticking by helps to motivate me... I'll be 27!!!

Which is just unbelievably great considering for a long while I wasn't sure I'd make it this far. While I've still got some left over aches, pains and sporadic failing of certain nerve and thyroid functions, all in all it's been a decent and happy recovery since my chemo / radiation treatments a few years back. Especially considering the not-so-polite (and very incorrect) speech a doctor gave me about my stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma case being terminal back then.

My last Petscan (a cancer detecting test a little like a catscan tube but they inject you with radioactive sugar instead of that iodine/barium) was in November (all clear!) and my blood counts were good as of April. It's time to go back for my check ups again in the next month or so. My previous oncologist retired, so I have to go through the trouble of finding a new (and hopefully GOOD)replacement for him. I'll let you know how that works out!

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback on the stamps and molds via email lately. I don't have a ton of time to write everyone back, but I do read everything and I'm happy you're having fun. I'll keep pumping out the tutorials in my hope of spreading the joyful creativity.

:)

Kimberly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Tutorial,
I'm still trying to get the hang of blending the chalks, but was able to list one domino using them. I think I'm trying to get too much color on them.I pray that you will find a GREAT Doctor!

Anonymous said...

I 'stumbled' upon your work and I am enormously impressed by the quality and originality of what you do. Thank you for the tutorials, it's great to understand your processes. I will keep coming back to your sites and I hope you will have many more years ahead of you to delight us with your creations.